Thursday, September 16, 2010

A little ditty on Dating. Or: Reason number 612 why I'm still Single.

Now that I'm in Tulsa and a bit settled, I think it's time to start meeting people. And by people I mean guys. Normally when I'm bored and want to meet someone, I head on over to Craiglist. And we all know what happens when you meet someone there.

Ahem.

If I really need to explain it to you, then maybe we should be having a different discussion.

To make it short, Craiglist=S E X.



There. Happy? My family and conservative friends who read this now know that I'm not a virgin. Super. Moving on...


Since I'm trying to make a new start, I've decided that CL isn't the way to go. While hookups are fun in their own way, I'm frankly too old for that shit.

So, I'm trying some other dating sites, ones that actually require money to really talk to anyone. I'm not happy about this, because I don't feel that you should have to pay to find love. I just can't justify paying 49.95 for some computer algorithm to tell me who I should be interested in based on some idiotic questions that I answered(I'm looking at YOU, Eharmony). And probably lied about, because honestly?, why on earth would I let someone know right off the bat that my mind is a little off? You can't bring out the crazy immediately. If I did, I'd never get a date.

Something does have to be said for these sites, because I've known several people who have actually been lucky enough to find someone on them. Why not me?

I've been doing a little research, but I haven't ponied up the money yet. One, because I'm cheap. Two, I want to make sure that the site that I pick is going to yield some decent results. If I read one more ad that says, "No offense, but I don't like overweight girls", I'm really going to hurt someone.

Guys, here's a little tip: Saying no offense doesn't soften the blow. At All. We get that you've got a type of girl that you want to meet. That's great. We also don't mind that you express what you're looking for in your ad. But don't say no offense. Saying that just means that you want to make yourself feel better for the offense you're about to say. It may be rude, or hurt someones feelings, but if you feel you must, get it out there. Honesty is always the best policy. Love, the fat and ugly girls.

*The above diatribe was not meant to be bitter, so don't take it as such.*


That's where I am for the moment. I have updated my okcupid page, which is free, and I'm starting to send messages to some guys in this area, so we'll see. The jury is still out on paying money to find a date. So far, cheap me is winning the battle on that one.


PS-I totally could have gone off on another tangent about how guys out there can't seem to like the big girls, and how it pisses me off, but I chose not to. It is what it is. There's a great guy out there for me, and he's gonna like how I am now, and who I'm going to be in the future. I deserve it. That's PROGRESS, you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Like I said last night, when someone says "no offense," that just means that they are about to spout something terribly offensive. So I agree with you. If you're going to feel it and say it, why not dispense with the pleasantries and simply own it?

    ReplyDelete